Current Job Vacancy with Newington HA
Executive Team Administrator
Closing Date: Friday, 3rd May 2019 at 12 noon
Salary: NJC points: 9-15 £20,344 – £22,911
Hours: Full time (Mon. – Fri. – 37 hours p/w)
Benefits: Flexible working, NILGOSC Contributory Pension Scheme, mileage allowance and 22 days annual leave rising to 30 days (dependent on years of service) plus 11 statutory holidays.
Newington HA is seeking to recruit a full-time Executive Team Administrator to provide administrative support to current Chief Executive and Senior Management Team.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a confidential, effective and efficient administration service to the Executive Team & Board, including administration of meetings, day to day tasks and specialist projects.
Essential Criteria – Candidates must have:
• 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including English Language
• 5 years’ experience (within last 10 years) of providing administrative support to a Senior Manager OR Supervisor in a busy office environment.
Qualification as Microsoft Office Specialist.
• At least two years’ experience in supporting a Senior Manager or Supervisor who reports directly to an Executive Team or Board.
• Proven experience of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and application of software packages with the ability to access systems and use them effectively in an office environment.
• Proven experience of using electronic document management systems.
• Experience of providing an administrative support service to management.
• Experience of working with minimum supervision.
• Experience of working in a team environment to achieve common goals.
• Proven track record in minute taking and ability to minute discussions of a technical nature.
• Experience of working with Board members.
• Experience of tracking projects against key milestones.
Knowledge and Understanding
• Knowledge and understanding of governance processes and systems.
• Knowledge and understanding of the application of software packages.
• Knowledge and understanding of policy development and review.
• Knowledge of or experience of working in the Housing Sector.
Skills and Abilities
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have confidence in dealing with a wide range of professional stakeholders both internally and externally.
• Self-motivated to achieve targets.
• Effective planning, prioritising and organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Discreet in dealing with confidential information.
• Availability to work outside normal office hours including evenings and some weekends.
We reserve the right to enhance the criteria to facilitate short-listing.
Application packs can be obtained by contacting NHA Offices on 02890744055, e-mailing B.O’Rourke@newingtonha.co.uk or in writing to:
Newington Housing Association
300-302 Limestone Road
This pack is also available in alternative formats upon request.
Newington HA is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. We would particularly welcome applications from disabled persons as they are currently underrepresented within our workforce.
Closing date for completed applications is 12:00 noon Friday, 3rd May 2019