Meet your Newington Housing’s dedicated Independent Universal Credit Advisor
Niamh is the dedicated UC advisor for Newington Housing tenants, She took up the position in January 2020, is employed by Ligoniel Improvement Association and is part of the North Belfast Advice Partnership (NBAP) team.
Niamh provides help and support on Universal Credit, such as:
- How to apply
- Explain the payment process
- How to get help with rates relief
- Provide information on other benefits and grants such Personal Independent Payment, Discretionary Support and UC Contingency Funds grants.
Niamh has been part of the NBAP team for the past 3 years, firstly volunteering with Ardoyne Association and then last year working as the NBAP Family Support Administrator.
Niamh also provides outreach support to North Belfast Hostels and Springboard Opps,, who support young people to enhance their employability and personal development skills.
At the start of this year Niamh delivered Universal Credit sessions to residents of Glenalva and Thorndale Hostel.
Over the past ten months, Niamh has played a key role in the NBAP foodbank, helping the foodbank provide and distribute over 7000 food parcels, locally.
Niamh also volunteers at the People’s Kitchen, providing homeless with hot meals, toiletries and clothes.
Niamh also plays a very active role in the Ardoyne/Marrowbone Community Festival Group, organising summer and Christmas activities for the community.
Niamh is from North Belfast, she studied at Mercy College and then went onto study at the University of Ulster, Derry.
Time for A Free Benefit Health Check
Make sure you are claiming everything you are entitled too.
In the current climate and as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic, many households have seen a significant change to their income and finances; therefore, this is the perfect time to avail of a free benefit health check to make sure you are not missing out on any entitlements, grants or other source of help and support.
Do you need advice and support?
Changing benefits can be a worrying time, especially if you have to move to Universal Credit. However, NHA along with North Belfast Advice Partnership, can support you with transitioning over to UC.
We can provide assistance with the following:
- Help with applying to Universal Credit and Rates Relief
- Help with applying for Help with Healthcare Costs
- Budgeting Advice
- Help with applying for financial support from DfC for U/C transitioning to cover daily living expenses
- Help with applications for discretionary support scheme payments
- Provide support package via NBAP to cover daily essentials
What else can Niamh help you with/Why should I get in touch?
- Can make referrals to acquire you support via a local Family Support Hub
- Support you with upskilling, employability and training.
How to acquire a FULL BENEFIT HEALTH CHECK
You can book an appointment to see Niamh by calling the Ligoniel Improvement Association on 028 9039 1225 or a referral can be made by the Association to Niamh on your behalf. To avail of a referral, please contact your Housing Officer directly on 028 90 74 4055.