Our Brian Mullan Community Fund (Update)
Our Brian Mullan Community Fund initiative has been designed to support organisations and projects that promote inclusion, strengthen communities and improve individual’s lives.
In September 2019, the Association was delighted to again welcome applications from community or voluntary sector organisations’ seeking to avail of essential funding to deliver projects and services within North Belfast.
A funding pot of over £10,000 was set aside this year by the Association’s Board of Management to ensure the successful delivery of the Scheme.
The scheme closed on Friday, 18th October 2019 and a total of 20 applications were received from various organisations throughout North Belfast.
All qualifying applications have now been assessed and scored by our ‘Tenant Panel’ and they have recently distributed funding to all the successful applicants.
Over the past 3 years, via this Fund, the Association has distributed in excess of £30,000 to 38 local organisations throughout North Belfast.
Below is a list of projects or organisation funded through this years Fund:
- Ligoniel Improvement Association – Senior Social Club Christmas Dinner Dance – £970
- North Belfast Advice Partnership (via application from L.I.A) – Christmas Hamper Appeal – £1,000
- Newington Day Centre – Day Centre Activities Project – £1,000
- Mindskills Training – Positive Mental Health Initiative – £900
- North Belfast Interface Network – TASCIT Cross Community Christmas Family Fun Day – £1,000
- Marrowbone Community Association – Marrowbone & Sunningdale Seniors Winter Programme – £1,000
- New Lodge Community Festival – History of the New Lodge Film Project – £1,000
- New Lodge Youth Centre – CHAMPS Project – £1,000
- Carrick Hill Residents Association – Move for Mental Health – £714.64
- 174 Trust – Parents & Toddlers Community Outreach Programme – £960
- Belfast Athletic FC – Training & Sports Equipment Provision – £1,000
The Association wishes to express our gratitude to our tenants on the ‘Tenant Panel’, who give up their time, on a voluntary basis, to deliver such a successful scheme.
On behalf of the Association and our Tenant Panel, we wish all those awarded funding every success in the delivery of their projects moving forward.