An Update from Your Tenant Forum
With support from the Association, we have recently acquired the services of Empowering Communities to help us to progress the Forum and have developed an Action Plan to help us achieve the delivery of our current priorities and objectives by the end of March 2020.
Over recent months, we have achieved the following:
- NHA’s Senior Management Team have provided us with an overview of the workings of NHA departments.
- We have help redesign an online Tenant Satisfaction Survey and are currently completing home visits within different areas where the Association provides homes.
- NHA have carried out a mapping exercise of the local area and services providers, to determine if residents’ groups can be developed moving forward.
- We are currently reviewing the Tenant Forum & NHA’s staff training needs.
Over the coming months, we intend to also complete the following:
- Carry out a policy review and scrutiny/service improvement exercise.
- Set up a working group to organise a tenant conference for tenants and staff to attend.
- In conjunction with the Association, we intend to develop our new Tenant Participation Strategy for 2020 – 2023
The Tenant Forum would welcome any thoughts, suggestions or queries you may have.
A new email address has been set up to solely and independently acquire your views or to lodge concerns we may be able to assist you to address. It is email@example.com
Newington Housing has no access to this email account, and it will be monitored and administered solely by the Tenant Forum Chair and Vice-Chair.
Finally, if you are interested in joining the Tenant Forum, you can email us directly via the email address above or alternatively contact Martin Hamilton, Community Engagement Officer at Newington HA on 028 9074 4055.